Find out how to create visually stunning and feature-rich applications by empowering Python’s built-in Tkinter GUI toolkit
• Explore Tkinter’s powerful features to easily design and customize your GUI application
• Learn the basics of 2D and 3D animation in GUI applications.
• Learn to integrate stunning Data Visualizations using Tkinter Canvas and Matplotlib.
Tkinter is a lightweight, portable, and easy-to-use graphical toolkit available in the Python Standard Library, widely used to build Python GUIs due to its simplicity and availability. This book teaches you to design and build graphical user interfaces that are functional, appealing, and user-friendly using the powerful combination of Python and Tkinter.
After being introduced to Tkinter, you will be guided step-by-step through the application development process. Over the course of the book, your application will evolve from a simple data-entry form to a complex data management and visualization tool while maintaining a clean and robust design. In addition to building the GUI, you’ll learn how to connect to external databases and network resources, test your code to avoid errors, and maximize performance using asynchronous programming. You’ll make the most of Tkinter’s cross-platform availability by learning how to maintain compatibility, mimic platform-native look and feel, and build executables for deployment across popular computing platforms.
By the end of this book, you will have the skills and confidence to design and build powerful high-end GUI applications to solve real-world problems.
What you will learn
• Implement the tools provided by Tkinter to design beautiful GUIs
• Discover cross-platform development through minor customizations in your existing application
• Visualize graphs in real time as data comes in using Tkinter’s animation capabilities
• Use PostgreSQL authentication to ensure data security for your application
• Write unit tests to avoid regressions when updating code